We are God’s workmanship, created
in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for
us to do.
Ephesians 2:10
Ideas for stay at home moms, teachers and anyone who loves to play with children

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rainbow french toast/ Rainbow Milk art

This morning for breakfast we made rainbow french toast. I did this with H last year and wanted to do it again but add something to it and make it a little more fun. First I took an ice cube tray and filled up 6 spots with milk. Then I let H put in a drop of the food coloring. when we only had red, yellow, green and blue she noticed we didn't have orange or purple. Perfect opportunity to talk about mixing colors to get new colors and made orange and purple. Then I gave her a spoon cause I didn't have any unused paint brushes and let her add the colored milk to her bread to make a rainbow. After she finished making her bread I started to make the batter for french toast and when I poured the milk into the pie dish she asked it she could add the colors to the milk. I couldn't resist a great opportunity, so I added food coloring to the milk and let her mix it up it turned out beautiful! In the end the french toast looked really weird but the experience was so much fun and H ate 2 pieces and 1/2 an egg which is a lot for her:)




No comments:

Post a Comment